Sunday 8 February 2009

Farseer Varshar vs Chaos Space Marines

Hello again.

Today I managed to play two games of 40K at the Bromley Games Workshop. One against the filth of Chaos Space Marines (especially filthy when playing against Nurgle!), the other against the ravenous Tyranids.

This post is about my game against Chaos Space Marines. Unlike my previous game, I managed to bring my camera this time - unfortunately I only managed to take a couple of photos as I got caught up in the game!

The Mission type was Capture and Control with a spearhead deployment, and I had won the die roll for first deployment and move.

Below are the photos during turn two of the game against Nick (my opponent) Chaos Marines.

As you can see, I am a mechanised army. This really helps against Chaos Marine Armies where Lash of Submission is likely to be used (as Lash only works against non-vehicles).

The Rangers in the woods that you can see in the this photo are deployed as far back as I can too prevent the lash (As well as holding the objective).

The Plague marines are running for cover as the first turn showed the power of the Fire Prism.

The Fire Prisms are working independently to drop strength 9 AP 2 on the Plague marines as their Toughness 5, feel no pain does not work against this much fire power.

The Fire Prism on the right in this photo is trying to get a bead on the enemy objective in the Nick's corner.

In turn three I had to move the Fire Prism onto the second floor of the ruined building on the right in order to get a better fix on the marines holding the objective. Luckily when I landed in the ruin my difficult terrain test was not a one!

This maneuver paid off, as in later turns Nick was forced to deep strike his last lesser daemon squad onto his objective, as I started to drop instant kill blast templates into his marines. He also started to move his Plague marines entrenched in the tree line towards his objective.

A Obliterator (proxied by Ork!) deep strikes behind my Fire Prism on the hill. Luckily he only managed to shake the vehicle (you got to be thankful for Holo-fields and spirit stone).

The Obliterator was subsequently removed by pulsars from my Falcon.

In turn four a single lesser daemon (the other four were returned to the warp through combined Fire Prism and shuriken fire) ran onto my objective, and had to be dealt with by shuriken pistol from my rangers. A Obliterator arrived the following turn right next to them, and flamed out three of them! Luckily the Rangers passed their morale test to stay near the objective. The Obliterator was subsequently vapourised with pulsars from the Falcon.

The game was a close run thing, with a victory for me when the game ended on turn six with my Wave Serpent contesting his objective, and my remaining two Rangers holding mine.

0 comments: